Getting here - Directions, Transfers and Location
Barford is approximately 21/2 hours drive from Bristol and 5 hours from London. Regular trains run to Bodmin (50 mins drive - £70 taxi) and Exeter (1hr20mins drive)
Postcode: EX23 0DF view location map.
What Three Words
Gate to coast path to Wanson Beach: Soda.wizard.nosedive
Barford is approximately a 2&1/2 hour drive from Bristol and a 5 hour drive from London. Once at Bristol directions are:
- Travel from Bristol on the M5 to Exeter
- At M5 junction 31, exit onto A30 toward Bodmin/Okehampton (for 44 miles)
- Exit the A30 at Kennards House junction
- Take the A395 exit toward Wadebridge/Camelford/A39 (for 7.7 miles)
- Keep going past the sign post to Tregulland (for 1 mile)
- Take a right off the A395 at the chicane onto the (B3262)
- Follow the road (for 2 miles) turn right at the T onto the Atlantic Highway (A39)
- Follow the Atlantic Highway for 8.1 miles, turn left at the sign to Widemouth bay/Bude (coastal route)
- after 1 mile, just after the Widemouth Manor Pub turn sharp left onto Marine Drive towards Millook
- Follow the road round (500m) and Barford is on the right
Electric Car Charging: We have a standard 3 pin outdoor socket in the carparking area - please bring your own charging cable, or here's a link to our nearest fast charging locations. They get updated regularly so we recommend checking yourself online
Regular trains run to Bodmin (50 mins drive - £70 taxi) and Exeter (1hr20mins drive) See the timetables and plan your journey on the First Great Western site.
National Express runs several regular coach services to nearby Exeter (1hr 20 minutes from Barford) via London, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds and Sheffield. Click here to see their timetables.
Transfers - Easy ways to get from A to B
Hertz, Enterprise and a number of other car hire companies have locations nearby. Alternatively taxis can be booked to meet you at Bodmin or Exeter St Davids, prices are currently in the region of £70-85 per journey for a 4 seater car.