Getting here - Directions, Transfers and Location
Blackbird Houseboat is Close to Holsworthy on the Devon/Cornwall Border.
Our address: Blackbird, Treguland&Co, Blagdon Water, Holsworthy, Devon, EX22 6NX
Postcode: EX22 6NX view location map.
Driving from Exeter
Blackbird Houseboat is approximately a 1 hour drive from Exeter.
From Exeter directions are:
- Heading west along the A30 pass the first exit for ‘Okehampton Services’.
- Exit the A30 at Sourton Cross, signposted… ‘Bude, Holsworthy’ (A3079).
- At Fowley Cross roundabout turn left joining the A3079 for about 12miles, passing through Halwill Junction.
- At the wooded T junction, turn left on the A3072… ‘Holsworthy’.
- After 3 miles, having passed the Recycling Centre, there is a four-way junction called Anvil Corner, turn right for Bideford (small yellow church).
- ½ mile on as the road descends, you pass a white bungalow on the left.
- 50m on the left is the wooded entrance to Blagdon Water.
- Blagdon Water… follow the track through the young trees and the signs for the lake and houseboats.
BLACKBIRD is moored at the far end of the lake so take the track to the left which leads along the high side of the land.
As the boat is on a lake at the end of a long lane, it is not recommended that you walk, a taxi can be arranged from the nearest train or bus station.