Getting here - Directions and Location
Blackbird Houseboat is close to Holsworthy on the Devon/Cornwall Border.
Our address: Blackbird, Tregulland&Co, Blagdon Water, Holsworthy, Devon, EX22 6NX
Postcode: EX22 6NX view location map.
What Three Words
Entrance to access road:Curtains.plums.hopefully.
Blackbird Houseboat: Commands.summer.sway.
Please make sure you follow Googlemaps to ACCESS TO BLACKBIRD BOAT (not Blackbird itself- It will take you to the back of the lake and then expect you to walk over the fields and fences!)
Driving Directions: From Exeter (1 hour approx)
- Heading west along the A30 pass the first exit for ‘Okehampton Services’.
- Exit the A30 at Sourton Cross, signposted… ‘Bude, Holsworthy’ (A3079).
- At Fowley Cross roundabout turn left joining the A3079 for about 12miles, passing through Halwill Junction.
- At the wooded T junction, turn left on the A3072… ‘Holsworthy’.
- After 3 miles, having passed the Recycling Centre, there is a four-way junction called Anvil Corner, turn right for Bideford (small yellow church).
- ½ mile on as the road descends, you pass a white bungalow on the left.
- 50m on the left is the wooded entrance to Blagdon Water.
- Blagdon Water - bear left repeatedly along the track through the young trees and follow the signs for the Blackbird.
BLACKBIRD is moored at the far end of the lake so keep left until you reach Blackbird at the very end.
Electric Cars - If you have an electric car im afraid you CANNOT charge it at Blackbird Houseboat - we are effectively off grid - all our energy comes from solar panels and is stored in giant domestic batteries, which is more than ample for your off grid stay.
However If you plug your car into the boathouse sockets you will drain all the electericity and be left with no light or heat. Here is a link to our nearest local fast charge points but as they get updated regularly we recommend checking yourself online
As the boat is on a lake at the end of a long lane, it is not recommended that you walk, a taxi can be arranged from the nearest train or bus station.